(Effective from November 2018)
RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Talegent LP NZBN 9429043239429 of PO Box 105429, Auckland, 1143, New Zealand (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual that is a natural person.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. The policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Talegent.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data please contact our Privacy Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
What types of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold is what we consider reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities:
- it is generally of the kind we ask for to provide our services and what arises from those services, and may include your first name, surname, email address and phone number.
- we may also ask several demographic questions that are used to assist us with anonymous internal research and development purposes, including gender, job title and years of experience.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to process an enquiry form or expression of interest request completed by you
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to administer and improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to help our efforts in keeping our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
Protecting your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Once we have received your information, we will use strict security procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to reasonable grounds for refusal, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Sharing of your personal information overseas
Our main business location is New Zealand, but we do business with partners in several countries. From time to time, we may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. If you are a UK or EU resident, we will use our best endeavours to ensure compliance with the GDPR.
Talegent LP NZBN 9429043239429
PO Box 105429
If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.