22 Mar Why Millennials are a different breed of employee
The average time it takes to hire someone is no less than 50 days. Which is why you can’t afford to be making poor decisions! This episode takes you on journey through the candidate’s mind to uncover how to find the best for your organisation. By 2025, 75% of the workforce will be Millennials. This episode reveals why they are different breed of employee, why they like playing hard to get, and the solutions for finding the best and brightest.
Our guest this week on the Talegent on Talent podcast is Richard Thwaite, the product manager at Talegent. Richard is just the right combination of thought leader, and pragmatic assessment manager needed to explain the current trends on graduate hiring.
Questions I ask Richard:
- Why should Millennials receive special treatment?
- What is the best practise for assessment design?
- What solutions are today’s recruiters using?
In the interview you will learn:
- The vastly different expectations Millennial employees have
- The top 3 capabilities of high performers
- How to attract candidates with your employer brand; and
- The importance of candidate experience
Richard also talks through some specific examples of these methodologies in practice to illustrate their benefits.